Rule Review: What’s the Limit?
Everything has a limit, right? Well maybe…..but knowing the speed limit will certainly help you stay out of trouble. What about pickleball limits?
Here are a few questions to test your knowledge of pickleball limits
1. How many times can you serve a let ball and get another chance to serve it?
2. How high can the score go in a pickleball game?
3. How many toes can touch the kitchen line before it is considered a fault?
4. How high is a pickleball net in the middle? How high at the ends?
5. How large can a pickleball paddle be (width + length of paddle including handle)?
Extra Credit and Not in the Rule Book—-How many people can have fun playing pickleball at once on one tennis court?
1A. As many times as it takes to get it right. Rule 4F- IFP Comment
2A. As high as you can count or until the game is called for darkness. Rule 10C
3A. Only one toe, or any part of your shoe. Section 9-9.B
4A. 34 inches middle, 36 inches ends. Section 2 2.C.4
5A. 24 inches. Section 2 2.E.3
Extra Credit 16 players plus all the cheerleaders on the sidelines.
Bev writes a weekly email blast for our pickleball club. She delivers the rules with clarity and a sense of humor. If you have a rules question post it in the comments below.
Like what you see?
Subscribe to the free newsletter today for more exclusive pickleball tips.